Home > Amicus Briefs >
- Village of Vernon Hills v. Heelan (filed November 25, 2013)
- The IML filed an amicus brief in support of the village, arguing that the village was not precluded from the determination of eligibility for health insurance benefits under PSEBA.
- Pedersen v. Village of Hoffman Estates (filed October 25, 2013)
- The IML filed this amicus brief on behalf of the Village, arguing that municipalities -- especially home-rule municipalities -- have the authority to establish procedures by which to determine an applicant’s eligibility for review of PSEBA benefits.
- Hampton v. MWRD (filed October 23, 2013)
- The IML joined the IAWA to argue that the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Arkansas Game and Fish Commission v. U.S., 133 S.Ct. 511 (2012), does not overrule the Illinois Supreme Court's holding in People ex rel Pratt v. Rosenfield, 399 Ill. 247 (1948), that temporary flooding is not a taking.
- Village of Lake in the Hills v. Niklaus (filed September 27, 2013)
- The IML filed an amicus brief in this case in support of the village. The IML argued that a circuit court has the statutory authority to enforce administrative adjudication judgments under Division 1-2.1 of the Illinois Municipal Code.
- Board of Trustees v. Village of Riverdale (filed September 19, 2013)
- The IML submitted an amicus brief to the First District Illinois Appellate Court in support of the Village of Riverdale in this matter. The League argued that the police pension board did not have the statutory authority to sue the village over funding levels of its police pension fund.
- Waverly v. TT Farms (Filed June 5, 2013)
- On June 5, 2013, the Illinois Municipal League filed an amicus curiae brief in the Fourth District Appellate Court in the case of the City of Waverly v. TT Farms, Inc. In that case, the IML argued that livestock facilities are subject to municipal zoning authority.