Home > Amicus Briefs >
- Alexander v. City of Chicago
- On November 28, 2016, the IML filed an amicus brief in support of the City of Chicago before the Supreme Court of Illinois.
- Simpson v. City of Peoria
- On October 27, 2016, the IML filed an amicus brief in support of the City of Peoria in an Workers' Compensation case before the Appellate Court of Illinois, Third Judicial District.
- Springfield Board of Ed. v. Illinois Attorney General
- On October 11, 2016, the IML filed an amicus brief in support of the Springfield Board of Education in an OMA case before the Illinois Supreme Court. As before the Illinois Appellate Court, Fourth District, the IML argued that the School Board did not violate Section 2(e) of the Open Meetings Act, and that the AG's interpretation of Section 2(e) would lead to an absurd result.