Duties that are to be performed in the month of March.
NOTE: For purposes of this calendar, it is assumed the fiscal year begins May 1st, as it does in most municipalities outside of Chicago. Some municipalities, however, may have adopted a date different from May 1st for the beginning of their fiscal year. 65 ILCS 5/1-1-2(5). If so, this calendar must be adjusted to reflect that specific fiscal year.
75. By March 31st of each year, the corporate authorities shall cause the zoning map to be published. If there are no changes from the preceding year, no map shall be published. 65 ILCS 5/11-13-19.
76. Any municipality with a population of less than 500,000 which attempts to impose, amend or repeal the Simplified Municipal Telecommunications Tax must file a certified copy of such ordinance with the Illinois Department of Revenue prior to March 20, or September 20. Ordinances received prior to March 20 will be collected on or after the following July 1. Ordinances received prior to September 20 will be collected on or after the following January 1. 35 ILCS 636/5-20.
77. On or before the first day of April, home rule and non-home rule municipalities imposing or discontinuing a retailer’s occupation tax or effecting a change in the rate thereof must file a certified copy of any ordinance or resolution (and referendum if appropriate) with the Department of Revenue. Ordinances received by the Illinois Department of Revenue by April 1 will be collected July 1. Ordinances received by October 1 will be collected January 1. 65 ILCS 5/8-11-1, and 65 ILCS 8-11-1.1.
78. Where the Act has been adopted, members of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners are to be appointed by the mayor or village president with the consent of the council or board. However, no such appointment shall be made by the mayor or president within 30 days before his term of office expires. 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-1, 10-2.1-2.
79. The annual budget must be passed before the start of the fiscal year by municipalities that have adopted the Optional Budget Officer System (65 ILCS 5/8-2-9.1 through 8-2-9.10) in lieu of the Appropriations Ordinance System. 65 ILCS 5/8-2-9. The annual appropriation ordinance or budget, as well as an estimate of revenues anticipated to be received by the municipality in the following fiscal year, must be filed with the County Clerk within 30 days of the adoption of the appropriation ordinance or budget. 35 ILCS 200/18-50.